Getting a spray tan is truly life changing. After my first tan, I felt like a new woman. Although getting a spray tan can make you look and feel amazing, there are some rules you have to follow to make sure it last and looks great.
1. Throw out the DOVE and OLAY soaps and body washes. If you most keep them, stop using them 4-5 days before your spray tan, and DO NOT use during the life of your tan. These soaps create a barrier on your skin, that prevent the tan from penetrating and developing. So your tan will develop patchy and orange. We sell a variety of soaps that will leave your skin hydrated and clean without stripping that beautiful tan. Pick on up in studio, or click this link to buy one online
2. Pat don't Rub! After showering it's important to not dry by rubbing. Rubbing will exfoliate your tan off, and limit the life of your tan. It's best to pat dry with your towel.
3. Showering right before your appointment. Your skin needs time to repair its natural barrier, and that takes time, I suggest showering and exfoliating 12-24 hours before your spray tan appointment. This will allow your tan to properly penetrate the skin and develop. This also includes a sweaty workout. Skip the heavy sweating before your appointment
4. Not hydrating your skin. It's important to keep your tan and skin is hydrated, but make sure you stick with a lotion or light weight cream. Oils and heavy creams are to emollient and can take the tan off. Some of my favorite lotions and creams are by Hempz and the original Brazilian Bum Bum cream.
5. Not exfoliating before your appointment. It's important to get the dead skin off before getting sprayed, this will allow for a more even tan application. Make sure you exfoliate at least 12 hours before, you DO NOT want to do it any closer to your appointment.
6. Skip the automated machines, and opt for a spray tan professional. Having a trained professional spray you will ensure your tan is even and beautiful. No missed spots or uneven tans.
7. Don't wear tight clothing, sports bars, or lace clothing. These items can rub off and ruin your tan. Instead opt for dark, loose fitting clothes.
I hope these tips help you out, and get you the most perfect long lasting tan! Please leave any questions or comments you may have and I'll get back to you. Follow me on Instagram, @MakeupBuffalo to get more tips and tricks
So you got the ring, venue, and photographer, now it’s time to pick the right makeup artist for your big day. These days there seems to be a new makeup artist popping up on every corner, so how do you know who will be the right fit for you? Here’s some tips on how to find the right makeup artist for you.
1. Check out the makeup artist social media and website. This is where you can see their portfolio, or a running outlet of their work. A few things I would check for is if their style is what you want, if they are using filters or editing apps on their pictures, and if they feature is a wide variety of skin tones, textures, and looks.
2. Schedule a trial. It’s always important to get an idea of how long it will take, and if the makeup artist will be able to achieve the look you want. You can see how well the makeup wears on you and if you like the look you picked. Most artist will guide you on what they think is best, but it’s always best to know what you want and give the artist direction. We are not mind readers and need some inspiration. What you may think is natural look and what we think is natural look, could be completely different. Don’t be afraid to bring inspiration pictures with you, your artist can help guide you.
3. Hire a professional that is licensed and insured. It’s always best to hire someone that does this for a living, and not a cousin that likes doing makeup for fun. This is a big day, and you’ll have the pictures for ever.
4. Read their reviews online. This will give you an idea of who they are as a person and their work ethic.
5. Don’t be afraid to speak up. If their is something you want to change or don’t like, ask to change it. As a makeup artist, it never hurts my feelings if someone wants to change something up. It’s our job to make you look and feel your very best! It’s all about you, not us. You my wear your brows differently than we did them, it’s never to late to change it to how you like. And if the makeup artist gets annoyed that you asked to change something, than they aren’t the right artist for you.
I hope this article helped you. Please feel free to comment or leave questions about this article below. Follow me on Instagram, @makeupbuffalo, to see my work and get more tips and tricks.
Every bride wonders what they need to pack for their wedding day. Although your makeup artist will make sure your makeup is locked tight, some products will need a touch up. At the end of a consult I always give a list of what to bring. I want to share what a makeup artist suggest to pack for your wedding day.
All your other makeup should stay in place, but if you have a product you can’t live without, like blush or bronzer, go ahead and pack that too! It’s your day and it’s always best to be over prepared. I hope this helped all of you. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write them below, I’d love to hear more from you. Follow me on Instagram, @makeupbuffalo for more tips and tricks.
Hi everyone, my name is Nicole, I have worked in the makeup, esthetics and bridal industry for 15 years. I wanted to create a blog to share my knowledge and advice on all things spray tan, beauty, makeup, waxing, bridal beauty, and lashes.